- Our product pricing is structured to be affordable to promote adaptation and application by R&D groups and companies of all sizes. It is comprised of low initial price and annual maintenance fee to eliminate the cost barriers to entry while allowing continued access to hardware, firmware, and software improvements.
- The initial purchase price of the hardware includes 1-year of warranty against hardware failures, access to firmware and software updates, and any hardware updates.
- The customer will be responsible for the shipment and duties associated with the hardware replacement or updates. However, SMD will assume the shipping costs associated with hardware replacements that are determined to be due to manufacturing issues.
- The firmware (physical function) and software (user interface) updates will be accessible to customers after the initial purchase of the product.
- Updates to display / phase modulator and driver board hardware are expected to occur every 6 to 18 months.
- Upon expiration of the warranty, the customer can continue to receive the full benefit of the warranty and updates by renewing the annual maintenance which will cost roughly 15% of the initial purchase price of each product for additional 12 months of support.
- Maintenance must be renewed contiguously each year in order to receive the full benefit.
- Maintenance option is available only to the purchaser or organization named on the original purchase order of the product.